The Amazing HDR Workshop Results!
I told the HDR Workshop class last weekend, very sincerely, that I was quite impressed with their progress. It’s my first workshop, and I love teaching people, but I did not expect them to make so much progress so quickly. Mind you, we already had a few people that were already quite good, but even they picked up a bunch of new stuff. Without further ado, here is a random selection of some of the resulting shots from their newfound skills!
(and yes, we are making an HDR DVD of the workshop for those that could not attend the event!)
- A shot from Cliff Blaise of the Driskill Piano, The Pennybacker Bridge, and see his recent Textured Shot (everyone got a copy of my Ultimate textures set) too – nice!
- Michael Steighner is a wonderful guy and artist. Look at this recent shot of his of a Peaceful Evening. And see his photo of the Oasis. AND his latest of an incredible shoreline.
- Wes Browning took this STUNNING HDR from the first day, and also said nice things about the workshop – thanks Wes!
- Michael Paolini was a heck of a nice guy and took this shot of Yours Truly hanging out over the railing at the Oasis.
- Eivind came all the way from NORWAY for the event! See this great 6th Street shot he took during one of our photowalks. He is just 20!
- Frank Jaquier really picked up everything well as you can see from this Driskill photo he took on the first day!
- Mark Interrante did a great job capturing our evening at The Oasis, where I took the group on a bus to capture the sunset.
- See this pretty sunset from Mark Schaffer, who is taking photos for all the right reasons… he loves it!
- Steve Popkin took this killer shot inside the Driskill on the first day!
- Ken Liu was a cool guy that came in from LA for the event – I enjoyed him very much and he got this sunset shot.
- Tim Donar came in from Arkansas for the event…. and I told him I was jealous because he got a better picture of the Frost Tower than I ever have!
- MOST IMPROVED – She flew in from Hawaii and won a great prize for it! Diana Hudson, Before the Workshop and After the Workshop – awesome!
Thanks Frederick Van for the Interview!
Hey that was a great interview! Hehe… I just listened to it and forgot about all the HDR Controversy we addressed therein! You can listen to it also from Frederick Van’s blog. Thanks again for all the kind tweets and emails about the interview. Even though I went out on a limb in many areas, I think they struck a chord… thanks again y’all. And when I say “Internet” – I mean YOU! 🙂
Daily Photo – Templestorm
It’s hard to keep up with my students! I feel they are catching up and surpassing me! I won’t have it! Hehe… no no… my theory is that HDR will begin to splinter into a million different shards. I can’t wait to see where each of them take the artform.
This is just outside of JogJakarta, Indonesia at an ancient temple called Prambanan. It was the kind of place that has been sitting there waiting for me to bring my story-telling-machine there. You have seen a few of my other shots of this place perhaps, just after the storm hit. As I was leaving, I looked back over my shoulder to see this. I sometimes forget as I walk away from things to turn around and look back, and I can see things I don’t expect.