Thinking Like Da Vinci
Have you all ever heard of a book called ‘How to think like Da Vinci’, authored by Michael Gelb? I came across some info on the web and wanted to share it. There are a few principles in the book that boil down to:
1) Curiosità – Quest for Curiosity, both in life and learning.
2) Dimostrazione – Commitment to Test knowledge through Experience and the willingness to learn from mistakes.
3) Sensazione – Continual Refinement of your senses.
4) Sfumato – Willingness to embrace ambiguity and uncertainty.
5) Arte/scienza – Maintenance of balance between science, art, logic and imagination.
6) Corporalità – Cultivation of ambidexterity, symmetry and to be fresh and alive.
7) Connessione – Recognition and appreciation of the interconnectedness in everything you see, hear, feel and touch.
I won’t re-analyze each of them, but I think they speak for themselves… and they are quite nice.
Daily Photo – The Secret Church
Who would have ever guessed that this immense, classically architected church is in the middle of Chicago, Il? It’s quite amazing, isn’t it?
My friend Fiona took me here around the time of the Chicago book launch party. It is a great place place for all kinds of HDR photography. It’s a fun challenge to move around these environments and see how many interesting compositions you can make out of a structure like this.