Best Places for Photos in London & The Lotus Sunrise
Free London PhotoWalk Details!
Everyone is welcome to come on out. I look forward to meeting you… If I don’t have a chance to introduce myself personally to you, please do not hesitate to come up and say hello whilst we wind about the streets of London together!
- Facebook Event: See FB Event Here
- Cost: Free! Like all my PhotoWalks
- Time Start: Friday, Sep 10, 6PM. (Critical sunset is at 7:30ish)
- Location: South Bank right outside the National Theatre (Google Map)
- Getting there: How to Get to the National Theatre.
- PhotoWalk End: We will end about 8 PM or so at a nearby Pub / Light Eating place… And just hang out there, look at photos on the back of our cameras, geek out, talk, you can come over and introduce yourself, etc etc. Very casual…
- Plan: After a quick hello, we will walk together and take photos. I’ll stop 5 times or so and set up formally for a shot and talk through it. You are welcome to listen, ask questions, or meander about. We will start by going past the Festival Hall and down to the London Eye, where we should have a good shot of the Westminster / Westminster Bridge / Big Ben.
And thank you to Greg Annandale (@greg_a on Twitter), who will be joining us at the HDR Workshop in London as well, for helping to set this up!
By the way, do you have professional video equipment and want to do a little extra during the PhotoWalk? Let me know !
The Ultimate London Photography Poll!
Thanks for all the suggestions on places to shoot a few days ago! I’ve done my best to compile them here into a poll… (This is not for the PhotoWalk, but instead for my week or so in London). Also, maybe others can use this list in the future too!
You can select ONE to TEN (10) of your favorites!
Daily Photo – The Lotus Sunrise
These delicate shapes are seen on a variety of temples all over southeast Asia, India, and other parts of the Far East. It is the shape of a Lotus Blossom, a timeless symbol, and it is repeated over and over here at Angkor Wat.
The lotus represents the purity of body, speech, and mind. Like the lotus, these should float above the muddy waters of attachment and desire.
The shot below was taken around 5 or 6 AM in the morning. While shooting, I was attended to by a small Cambodian girl that would bring me strong Vietnamese coffee whenever I ran out, which was often. I don’t know where she would go to get it — she would disappear off into the jungle and come walking calmly back every 15 minutes or so, smiling.