I’ve gotten SO MANY questions today that I decided to make a video! There’s also a little tutorial in there on how I am now using Google Photos to upload photos, create albums, share to communities, etc etc.
I’ll kind of summarize here too:
– Effectively, nothing really changes because you can still upload photos and share them on Google+ publicly or in communities.
– The new Google Photos is just an improved interface which I like way better because I can upload once and share anywhere.
– People can still comment on photos that are posted to G+ or Communities… hashtags, tagging, and all that stuff still works…
– You can still access all your old photos and videos on Google+ from the photos tab of your profile page.
– None of your old comments and +1’s will go away (where did people get that from?)
– And, as you can see in my video below, you can still edit your photos using the robust tools, all of which I think will get merged together at some point.
Any questions? (not sure I can answer the harder ones, or I can just make up an answer.)